Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Manifesting Style


I live on a hill in large town in a busy state yet where I live feels totally rural. I have a garden and chickens and neighbors I can holler at, yup life is good. Since my youngest was born, i have been walking every day, stretching my boundaries outside my hill. On one such walk I realized that almost everything I needed or wanted was within walking distance. Ok, I can't walk to the beach but I can get to a grocery store, movie store, and many fine restaurants. Which brings me to my latest find, thrift stores. Now, up until now, I would say I am a boutique girl. Love the one of a kind feel, and support the local guy thing, but lately I am loving my goodwill. First off there is never a nosy sales lady hanging over your shoulder, you shop in peace and quiet. And, it is a quest for the treasure, the hidden gem. Every thing is under $5 bucks and there is no sales tax! Woo Hoo! The best part is I can walk there. From designer jeans to my theory trench, I pick um up and drop um next store at the dry cleaners and voila a rotating wardrobe of delectable duds!

No comments: