Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Drinking Etiquette

Drinking Guidelines/Suggestions

I consider myself a “Drinking Maven” I like to use this word because I think its absolutely hilarious when people self-proclaim themselves Experts. I am a bit more of an “Action” gal and let my skills do their own talking. These days I have slowed down and prefer wine by the fire or a fresh squeezed margarita on a warm day.

Guidelines #1. Chose Your type of liquor.
Now I personally enjoy a good tequila, preferably an Anejo or a Reposada. Of Course 100% Blue Agave floats my boat. You of course my chose otherwise. I enjoy Tequila because its an upper not a downer like other alcohols.

#2 Stick with the same type of liquor ALL night. This will cut down on your chances of a hang-over.

#3 Drink your liquor straight. Its the sugars in the mixers that really do a number on your head. Personally I will have a few margarita’s and then switch to my tequila Neat.

#4 Get to know your bartender. Always try and order at the bar. Tip generously...if after the 2nd or 3rd drink your bartender isn’t pouring you a stiff drink...or giving you one on the house. You might not be a very good tipper.

#5 The best nights to drink at least at a bar are Sunday and Monday nights. The amateurs usually come out on the weekends.

#6 If someone wants to buy you a drink always go to the bar with them and watch the bartender pour it.

#7 If your going to walk around a crowded bar with a drink make it a beer in a bottle.

#8 Always pay cash for your drinks.

#9 Your bartender can be your best friend if you treat them right.

#10 If your going to a bar to meet someone you won’t meet who you want. But if you go to drink, dance and have a good time you will.

#11 A good thing to know when going to a dive bar is how to play Liars Poker.

#12 There is nothing worse then drunk and stupid...So be interesting.

#13 Look for the out of the way watering holes.

#14 Learn your limit. I know where mine is although I sometimes have been known to surpass it.

So Cheers and happy tavern trails, dive dunking, and dance clubbing~

No comments: