Monday, January 25, 2010

Lately, I have been reading all sorts of blogs and books on Living Simply. There are many things about this that appeals to me. Now, don't get me wrong I like stuff and I like to shop but I want to own things that I truly adore, that will last and have a use. It can simply be something that is beautiful to look at or it can be something that fulfills a purpose. I have noticed that many things I have "make do" and that is something I want to remedy. No longer will I purchase things because it will do for now. Most of the time we don't really need the things we think we do. The more stuff we have the more we have to do. I love books but lately I realized that I was just dusting them. I love narrowing down to what is essential. I notice with my baby that he finds joy in the simple things and I watch as he creatively finds things to play with. It is a beautiful thing to simplify.

1 comment:

Amber, The Unlikely Mama said...

This is how I feel about buying new furniture. I really really really want to stop buying crap from Ikea. It doesn't last, even though it's "good enough for now". I would like to wait till I have enough to buy a real piece made from real materials...rather than pressed fiber board junk.